Introduction to Mastering Leadership
Mastering leadership is crucial for professional development. What got you here won’t get you there. Success depends on knowing, appreciating and accepting who you are.
Leadership for Today and Tomorrow
There’s a new leadership principle leaders must embrace if they want to be relevant and effective in today’s world of technology-driven transformation and move forward into the future.
Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership
The authors discovered that when leaders experience their personal best, they display five core practices: they Model the Way, Inspire a Shared Vision, Challenge the Process, Enable Others to Act, and Encourage the Heart.
Challenge the Process
Leaders that “Challenge the Process” seek innovative ways to change, grow and improve. They “Experiment and Take Risks” by constantly questioning how things are done in their organizations. They identify processes that do not work, and take action to fit it.
Leadership is a Process
Leadership is a process by which a person influences others to accomplish an objective and directs the organization in a way that makes it more cohesive and coherent. Leadership is a process of social influence, which maximizes the efforts of others, towards the achievement of a goal.
Credibility of the Leadership
Credibility positions leaders as a highly dependable source of expertise, information, and decision making. A credible leader focuses on creating win-win situations for all. Credible leaders don’t insult, manipulate, or humiliate anyone publicly or privately.
Honesty of Leadership
Honesty is also referred by positivity and integrity. The ability to develop trust in followers and legitimacy is based on honesty. Effective leaders always follow these principles. They draft and lead the way, they produce a vision of upcoming missions, inspire people, help others and encourage their team members.
Considering future developments when making plans, especially concerning using modern methods or equipment: a forward-looking approach/attitude/view. They need a more forward-looking approach emphasising energy efficiency, conservation, and renewable sources.
What to expect
- How the concept of leadership has emerged and evolved
- Managerial behavior and the role of culture, context and personality
- Principles of effectiveness and success of today ‘s leaders
- The importance of emotional intelligence
- Adapt your leadership style to different individuals and scenario’s
- Understanding the psychology of change and resistance
- Understanding and usage of behavioural leadership.
- Understanding and usage of Situational leadership.
- Understanding and usage of transformational leadership.
- Understanding and usage of action-cantered leadership.